PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS UPDATE 13.2 INTRODUCES NEW SURVIVOR PASS AND GAME MODE
- Date2021. 09. 02
The update also includes a series of updates to the South Korea-inspired Taego map, a new in-game weapon and more
AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS – Sept. 1, 2021 – When the latest update for KRAFTON, Inc.’s PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS releases on Sept. 8 for PC and Sept. 16 for consoles, it will introduce the game’s newest Survivor Pass: CRAZY NIGHT, which will run for eight weeks instead of the typical six weeks of recent Survivor Passes. The patch will also add the fan-favorite P90 SMG weapon to Care Packages and will bring a new vehicle, gameplay system, weapon and weather patterns to the South Korea-set Taego map.
See below for a full rundown of Update 13.2:
- Survivor Pass: CRAZY NIGHT: The game’s developers, PUBG Studios, has made additional changes to the game’s Survivor Pass system by extending the service period from six weeks to eight weeks. From Sept. 7 through Nov. 2 (PDT), players can earn a variety of rewards – including a Contraband Coupon, Name Plate and Spray – as they progress through 50 levels.
- New Weapon – P90 SMG: Starting with Update 13.2, the fan-requested P90 SMG will be available via Care Packages on all maps. The P90 is the first Care Package SMG since the original Tommy Gun and comes loaded with its own unique 5.7mm high-powered ammo that makes it effective during long-range encounters.
- Updates to the Taego Map: The popular South Korea-set 8×8 map will receive a series of adjustments including but not limited to:
- New Vehicle – Porter: This Hyundai pick-up truck is exclusive to Taego and can accommodate up to four passengers. The Porter will replace the UAZ vehicle on Taego.
- New Feature – Trunk System: With this system, players can use the trunk on the Porter vehicle to store a limited number of items to take with them throughout the map. But be careful, all items will be lost if the vehicle is destroyed.
- New Weapon – Blue Zone Grenade: This throwable item creates a round Blue Zone with a maximum radius of 10 meters and deals 10 damage per second. Strategic players will find this to be a useful tool to lure enemies out of buildings.
- New Weather Options: Starting with 13.2, “Sunset” and “Overcast” weather patterns will be randomly applied to Taego, giving the map a unique look and feel.
- Introducing Casual Mode: For players new to the game or for those who want to warm up in a less tense environment, 13.2 will add Casual Mode to the game. Players can play up to three Casual Mode matches per day solo or with a team and earn XP rewards, BP rewards, complete Pass Missions, complete Event Missions and more. Casual mode will only be available on Erangel.
To view the 13.2 patch report video, please click HERE. Update 13.2 launches on Sept. 8 for PC and Sept. 16 for consoles. Survivors who want to preview Update 13.2 can do so today on the PC Test Server. For more information on Update 13.2 please view the full patch notes HERE.
KRAFTON, Inc. is a collective of independent game development studios brought together to create innovative and engaging entertainment experiences for gamers across the world. The company consists of PUBG Studios, Bluehole Studio, Striking Distance Studios, RisingWings, and Dreamotion, each with its own unique expertise.
KRAFTON is responsible for premier entertainment properties including PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS, PUBG: NEW STATE, The Callisto Protocol, TERA, and ELYON. As a technology-driven company that boasts world-class capabilities, KRAFTON seeks to expand its areas of business beyond games to multimedia entertainment and deep learning. For more information about KRAFTON, please visit www.krafton.com.