KRAFTON ANNOUNCES PUBG CONTINENTAL SERIES 5 DETAILS, INCLUDING ITS $1,000,000 TOTAL PRIZE POOL
- Date2021. 08. 11
The next premier esports event from the makers of PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS consists of regional tournaments across Europe, Americas, Asia and Asia-Pacific
AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS – AUG. 11, 2021 – KRAFTON, Inc., the creators of PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS, today announced details around its next premier esports event, PUBG Continental Series 5 (PCS5). PCS5 consists of four regional tournaments across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Asia-Pacific. Sixteen teams from each region will compete for their share of more than $250,000 USD (for a total prize pool of more than $1,000,000 USD across all regions).
PCS5 Europe Regional Qualifier Events
Each region will host its own set of qualification events to determine which teams earn the right to compete in the PCS5 Grand Finals. Details related to Europe – which includes Europe West, Europe East and Middle East & Africa – qualifier events are outlined below.
- Middle East & Africa: 6 – 8 August
- Europe West: 10 – 15 August
- Europe East: 17 – 22 August
- Middle East & Africa: 13 – 15 August. Watch on PUBG Turkey Twitch & TikTok (broadcast in Turkish)
- Europe West: 20 – 22 August. Watch on PUBG Esports Twitch, YouTube & TikTok (broadcast in English)
- Europe East: 27 – 29 August. Watch on PUBG CIS Twitch, YouTube & TikTok (broadcast in Russian)
- PCS5 EUROPE: Sept. 18-19 | Sept. 25-26 | Oct. 2-3
- PCS5 AM: Sept. 16-17 | Sept. 23-24 | Sept. 30-Oct. 1
- PCS5 APAC: Sept. 16-17 | Sept. 23-24 | Sept. 30-Oct. 1
- PCS5 ASIA: Sept. 18-19 | Sept. 25-26 | Oct. 2-3
Crowd-Funded Prize Pools Return
The Pick’ Em Challenge is returning for PCS5, which will give fans opportunities to earn in-game rewards by correctly predicting the outcomes of each regional tournament. Similar to previous Pick ‘Em Challenges, fans need voting coupons to “vote” on the outcome they think is most likely. Voting coupons can be obtained by purchasing thematic PCS5 items or by watching the tournaments. Thirty percent of PUBG’S net sales of PCS5 items is shared directly with participating teams. Additional PCS5 Pick ‘Em Challenge details will be announced soon.